Search L C Audio:
L C Audio Technology
H.C. Andersensvej 56
or Gert Frederiksen
+45 6062 9017
Show prices incl. VAT
Are you inside EU?
BMC-2HD: A Substantial Upgrade!
We've spent over a year experimenting, measuring and conducting blind listening tests on our own BMC-2 DACs. The final result is called BMC-2HD. It is a substantial upgrade compared to the original. So if you already have a good stereo setup a listening session is definitely worth the effort!
The standard BMC-2 converter delivers exceptionally great sound for its price. But even though the upgrade takes it to another price bracket, the BMC-2HD keeps up the good work and delivers supreme sound and value!
- New, higher spec (and better!) digital/analog converter circuit (IC).
- All operational amplifiers (OpAmps) chips upgraded.
- DC coupled (trimmed to <6mV offset).
- Lower impedance through the entire analog signal path.
- Every filter component is exchanged.
- Shorter signal path ("Dim" function removed).
- Better decoupling in several of the supplies.
- Gain has been lowered for better quality when playing 24-bit files.
- Pseudo balancing of the outputs (slightly better noise suppression when using amplifiers with balanced inputs)
We are exchanging 71 parts during the upgrade - and as the entire unit is disassembled anyways: Why not add a remote control module? So we did!
Aided by an infrared receiver in the front, the Toslink (optical) or the SPDIF (coax) inputs can be selected, the output can be muted, and naturally the volume can be controlled. Also included in the package is a 1 meter IR receiver cable that can be connected to the mini-jack next to the infrared receiver. When connected this takes over the receiver function and thus for example allows the BMC-2HD unit to be hidden in cabinet. The remote control module is programmed to fit the infrared Apple remotes (the white version is included) and can be paired to a specific remote control or made to react to all (default). For further information please download the manual here.
We offer both upgrade of your (working!) standard BMC-2 and delivering a new, upgraded unit. In both cases the units are delivered with IR cable and remote.